Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn is the definitive sourcebook for bringing the locations, people, creatures, and character options of Critical Role‘s Tal’Dorei continent to roleplaying games everywhere. An outstanding team of designers and artists have created an unparalleled resource for playing in and learning about this iconic locale from the hit series Critical Role.
The hit series Critical Role first explored Tal’Dorei, a fantasy-filled land brimming with tales of heroes and wonder, through the epic adventures of Vox Machina. Now, players everywhere can live the magic and stories to rival the beloved show.
Soar on a skyship from the metropolis of Emon to the distant haven of Whitestone, venture into wilderness rife with terrifying monsters and wayward mages, and uncover magic items that range from simple trinkets to the legendary Vestiges of Divergence. Explore dazzling new subclasses and backgrounds in your epic adventures in the world of Exandria and beyond! Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn holds a wealth of playable content, lore, and artwork to inspire. The adventure begins here!
EVERYTHING YOU NEED
Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn contains everything needed to unlock the rich setting of Tal’Dorei and make it your own:
- A guide to each major region, with story hooks to fuel your campaign
- Expanded character options, including 9 subclasses and 5 backgrounds
- Magic items such as the Vestiges of Divergence, legendary artifacts that grow in power with their wielders
- Dozens of creatures, many featured in the Critical Role campaigns
- New lore and updated stat blocks for each member of Vox Machina
- A gorgeous 18”x24” foldout map of the Tal’Dorei continent by cartographer Andy Law
AN UNBEATABLE CREATIVE TEAM
The sourcebook’s lead designers are Critical Role Game Master and Chief Creative Officer Matthew Mercer, Hannah Rose (Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount, The Wild Beyond the Witchlight, Mythic Odysseys of Theros), and James J. Haeck (Explorer’s Guide to Wildemount, Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Baldur’s Gate: Descent into Avernus). Additional contributions are provided by Critical Role cast members Laura Bailey, Taliesin Jaffe, Ashley Johnson, Liam O’Brien, Marisha Ray, Sam Riegel, and Travis Willingham; as well as John Stavropoulos (Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft, X-Card, Wizards of the Coast: Game Design Coach) and Aabria Iyengar (Exandria Unlimited, Misfits and Magic, Pirates of Salt Bay).
An outstanding team of artists bring this campaign setting to life, including Cover Illustrator Genel Jumalon, Lead Character Illustrator Lauren Walsh, Cartographer Andy Law, and interior illustrators Jonah Baumann, Elliott Berggren, Lea Bichlmaier, Hunter Bonyun, Allie Briggs, Conceptopolis, Clara Daly, Kent Davis, Nikki Dawes, Biagio D’Alessandro, Stanislav Dikolenko, Isabel Gibney, John Anthony di Giovanni, Wesley Griffith, Anna Grinenko, Illich Henriquez, Claudia Ianniciello, Linda Lithén, Adrián Ibarra Lugo, Nguyen Hieu, Jessica Nguyen, Ariana Orner, Svetoslav Petrov, Kennef Riggles, Aaron J. Riley, Caio Santos, Jessica Scates, Elisa Serio, Ameera Sheikh, Cyarna Trim, Audrey Vasilchenko, Azra Wheeler, and Zuzanna Wuzyk.
- MSRP: $49.99 USD
- Release Information: Available now in Critical Role shops (US, UK, CA, AU, and EU) and Darrington Press Guild stores, coming soon after to other friendly local game stores in the US.
- Premium Edition: The deluxe treatment from the team at Beadle & Grimm’s will release on January 30th, 2022, featuring its own stunning in-world player handouts, maps, a GM screen, jewelry, and more—check out the preorder page for all the details.
- For Retailers: Sell Sheet
What's new from the original Tal'Dorei Campaign Setting?
This book totals 138 pages above the original Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting, published in 2017 by our friends at Green Ronin. It applies updates and improvements throughout, in addition to advancing the setting two decades into the future, up to the time of Campaign 2 of Critical Role featuring the Mighty Nein.
Existing owners of the book can look forward to all manner of new content in Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn:
- Over a hundred new illustrations and maps
- Over a dozen new magic items
- 4 all new subclasses, and a slew of updated subclasses for play in Exandria and beyond
- Dozens of new creatures and adversaries, amounting to 18 new stat blocks
- All members of Vox Machina (and some companions!) have been given full stat blocks as well, perfect for bringing these adventurers directly into your games
- Oodles of updated lore and setting information, including information about who sits on the Tal’Dorei Council and what has happened in the two decades following the end of the Vox Machina campaign
Both the original book and Tal’Dorei Campaign Setting Reborn use the 5th edition ruleset, so content across both sourcebooks remain compatible at the same table.
Which formats does the book come in?
On the Critical Role shops, sales of the book come bundled with a free PDF. In brick and mortar stores, sales of the book are print-only. There will be no sales of PDF-only products at launch.
Below are key errata that have been caught since printing, reflected correctly in the current PDF version:
- Page 2, Credits: artist name should be “Biagio D’Alessandro”
- Page 2, Credits: artist name should be “Claudia Ianniciello”
- Page 56, “Ironkeeper Palluda Zuurthom”: should be “Dwarf Ironkeeper of House Zuurthom“
- Page 93, “Westruun Adventures”: should read “these recurring attacks threaten to destroy Westruun’s agriculture and disrupt commerce.”
- Page 172, “Blighted Shape”: “you Wild Shape” should read “p. 172, “Blighted Shape”: replace “you Wild Shape” with “your Wild Shape” Wild Shape”
- Page 177, “Essence Runes”: at the end of the second paragraph, should additionally instruct “If you have no sorcery points and no charged runes, you can convert a single essence rune into a charged rune as an action.”
- Page 204, “Condemner”: “hand crossbow” should read “heavy crossbow”
- Page 204, “Condemner”: “see her statistics in chapter 6” should read “see page 62“
- Page 221, “Storm Giants”: should read “yet the otherwise-reclusive storm giant leader, Sea Dreamer Galadawna,”
- Page 279, Index of Artists: John Anthony di Giovanni’s art also includes page 223
- Page 279, Index of Artists: artist name should read Claudia Ianniciello